Vilnius University encourages the members of academic community to establish companies for the development of R&D solutions that were created when performing R&D activities at Vilnius University.
JMay you consider establishing innovative enterprise to commercialize R&D based idea, contact the Innovation Office of Science and Innovation Department. Innovation Office provides consultations on:
- intellectual property protection and management,
- licensing of technologies,
- start-up team formation,
- partner search,
- raising of investments and funding,
- innovative business development,
- science-business collaboration issues.
The following are innovative enterprises established by researchers and/or students of Vilnius University:
- promotes informatics and computational thinking.
- develops CRISPR technology based molecular tools and searchers for new Cas proteins that could be used as new generation molecular tools for gene editing.
- creates and produces compact integrated lights for bicycles.
- a nanosatellite mission integrator focused on delivering new generation satellite buses and propulsion systems for the satellite applications market.
UAB „Bioanalizės sistemos“
- produces multi-functional biosensor devices.
UAB „Ubique calculus“
- offers software for modelling of chemical, biochemical and electrochemical reactions and experimental data analysis.
Platelet BioGenesis Inc
- produces scalable, pluripotent stem cell-derived (donor-independent) human platelets.
UAB „ThermoPharma Baltic“
- develops novel chemical entities as drug candidates.
- designs, develops and produces smart lighting control systems.
- provides services and consultations to companies and research centers, that develop optics and laser systems as well as those who sell or buy large amount of optics.
UAB „IMD technologies“
- develops biocatalytic technologies and produces biopolyol and epoxidized oil from natural materials.
- supplies tools and technologies enabling true 3D laser fabrication, with custom design components in micro- and sub micro scale.
- develops added value biopharmaceuticals and generic pharmaceuticals.
- develops and optimizes recombinant yeast-expressed proteins.
- produces solid-state and fiber lasers, laser components.
- creates orbital maneuvering system for small satellites.
- works with Hantavirus proteins application in diagnosis.
UAB „Lokacijos sistemos“
- develops and provides innovative customer in-door and outdoor tracking and queue management solutions.
MB "Laboratorijų automatizavimo sprendimai"
- produces open source medium size orbital shaker for various chemistry and microbiology applications.