- Unit: Faculty of Physics
- Keywords: Femtosecond laser, high intensity, ultrashort pulses
- Responsible person: Dr. Arūnas Varanavičius , tel. 8 5 2366245,
Facility consists of: 1) Light Conversion femtosecond Yb:KGW oscillator with amplifier Pharos 6W average power diode-pumped high repetition rate femtosecond Yb:KGW laser. Maximum repetition rate is 200 kHz. Central wavelength 1030 nm, pulse duration 300 fs.
2) Acousto-optic modulator Dazzler for spectral phase and amplitude programming of ultrafast laser pulses. Parameters: instantaneous spectral range is 650 nm - 1100 nm, the resolution is (at λ = 800 nm) ≤ 0.5 nm.
3) Picosecond high average power amplifier Properties: central wavelength is 1064 nm, pulse repetition frequency - 1 kHz and the pulse duration is 75 ± 6 ps. The amplifier has three “top-hat” spatial profile outputs. ≥8 mJ energy pulses can be generated in one of them. The other two allow to have pulses of the energy ≥30mJ.
4) Femtosecond parametric amplifier. Properties: spectral range is 670 - 950 nm, pulse energy ≥30 μJ.
5) The high average power picosecond pulse parametric amplification system. Properties: spectral range is from 700 nm to 1000 nm, pulse energy ≥5 mJ pulse duration ≤10 fs.
6) Amplitude technologies femtosecond laser pulses contrast meter. Spectral range is 760-840 nm, temporal range 500 ps, dynamic range 1010, and minimal impulse energy 100 μJ.
7) Unique set of high intensity laboratory.
Application. I. Femtosecond laser pulse source for parametric amplifier pumping and investigation of nonlinear optical processes
II. Ultrashort pulses seed source for further laser radiation power increase, expansion of spectral range of generated pulses, research of registration methods.
III. Femtosecond laser pulses (at 800 nm) contrast measurement