- Unit: Faculty of Physics
- Keywords: Synthesis of organic compounds, nitrogen heterocycle, sulphur heterocycle, aromatic compounds, OLED, optoelectronics, organic electronics, liquid crystals, photovoltaics, pharmaceuticals
Synthesis methods for nitrogen and sulphur heterocycles, highly branched aromatic compounds.
New compounds and intermediates for OLED technology. Processes for synthesis of several important components for OLED technology intermediates were worked out, they include:
• Synthesis of 4,4'-Dibromotolane;
• Synthesis of 1-Bromo-3-octylbenzene;
• Synthesis of 5-Methyl-2,2'-bipyridine;
• Synthesis of 4-Bromo-4'-(2-ethylhexyl)biphenyl;
• Synthesis of 1,3-Dibromo-5-n-hexylbenzene;
• Synthesis of 4-n-Propyl-4'-hydroxytolane;
• Synthesis of 3,3'-Dihydroxy-4,4'-difluorobiphenyl;
• Synthesis of 4,4'-Dihydroxy-3,3'-difluorobiphenyl;
• Synthesis of 5-Bromo-2-tert-butylpyrimidine.
A working out of processes for production of new hitherto unknown OLED intermediates:
• 1-Bromo-3-hexyl-5-methylbenzene, 1-Bromo-3,5-bis-n-hexylbenzene;
• 2-Bromo-4-butyl-1,3-dimethyl benzene, 2-Bromo-4-hexyl-1,3 dimethyl benzene.
Application. New organic compounds for use in organic electronics (liquid crystals, OLED, photovoltaics) and other possible applications (pharmaceuticals, etc.). Purity of compounds ≥ 99,95 %.