Launched in 2015, new Erasmus + action - International Credit Mobility (ICM) - opened up new opportunities for students and staff exchange to institutions outside the European Union.
International Credit Mobility (ICM) supports the mobility of individual participants enrolled or employed at a higher education institution:
• Student mobility for study and traineeships
• Staff mobility for teaching for academic staff
• Staff mobility for training for teaching and non-teaching staff
Since 2015, Vilnius University has been participating in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility to extend international cooperation with HEI worldwide.
Duration & Activities
• Student Mobility for Study: 1 semester (5 months)
• Staff Mobility for Teaching: visit of 7 -10 days (incl. travel days) - minimum of 8 hours of teaching required.
• Staff Mobility for Training: visit of 7-10 days (incl. travel days) – individual training or participation in the training events.
1. Travel grant (calculated with the travel distance calculator)
|Between 100 - 499 km:||180|
|Between 500 - 1999 km:||275|
|Between 2000 - 2999 km:||360|
|Between 3000 - 3999 km:||530|
|Between 4000 - 7999 km:||820|
|8000 km and longer:||1100|
2. Subsistence for living expenses:
Incoming students - 750 EUR/month
Outgoing students - 650 EUR/ month
Incoming staff - 100 EUR/day
Outgoing staff - 160 EUR/day
Nomination & Application
NOTE: Mobility grants are allocated to Vilnius University, which distributes them among the Partners.
Each Partner is informed individually.
|1 step: Student selection by Partner institution|
|2 step: Dedaline for official student's nomination from Partner institution (on-line nomination)||for Autumn semester - 15 May||for Spring semester -1 November|
|3 step: Deadline for student's application to the host institution||for Autum semester - 1 June||for Spring semester - 15 November|
|5 step: Acceptance letter to the student from host institution||for Autumn semester - 15 June||for Spring semester - 10 December|
|Staff (for teaching or training)|
|1 step: Staff selection by Partner institution (preliminary acceptance letter from hostingunit/department is recommended)|
|2 step: Official staff nomination from Partner institution (on-line nomination)||for Autumn semester - 1 November (latest)||for Spring semester - 1 May (latest)|
|3 step: Acceptance letter to the staff member from host institution||for Autumn semester - 10 November||for Spring semester - 10 May|
|Mobility||Visa required||Name of visa<||Place of application||Required documents|
|Student||Long-stay visa||National multi-entry visa (D)||Embassy of Lithuania||List of documents|
|Staff||Short-stay visa||Schengen visa (C)||Embassy of Lithuania or |
other EU Embassy,
|List of documents|
|- Application form for Schengen visa |
- Application form for National visa