In order to establish a dialogue with international students on various issues in contemporary Central and Eastern Europe, German Academic Scholarship Fund (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes) is organising The European Summer Academy. The cooperation partners of this summer academy are Vilnius University (VU) and the European Humanities University (EHU).
Date: August 8–16
Participants: advanced undergraduate students, graduate and doctoral students
Deadline: May 15
Fee: Free of charge
SUMMER ACADEMY ACTIVITIES
Advanced undergraduate students, as well as graduate and doctoral students from Vilnius University and the EHU, are invited to apply for one of the four working groups and thus get involved in the activities of the academy until May 15.
- Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Political Regimes. Towards a New Systemic Competition? (Rochlitz/Karpa) (closed for applications)
- What does learning from the Past mean today? The importance o Historical Memory for Contemporary Conflicts in Europe (Sahm/Kashtalian) (closed for applications)
- The International Military Tribunal at Nuremberg 1945/46: Its Creation, Operation and Legacy for Today’s Conflicts (Aust/Aust) (closed for applications)
- (Un)Affordable Homes? Contemporary Housing Production in Vilnius (Zupan/Volkova) (OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS until May 28th)
During the joint activities in four international and transdisciplinary working groups, in plenary sessions, site visits, excursions etc. there will be numerous opportunities to exchange ideas and work from multiple perspectives among each other as well as with social and scientific actors from the region and both partner universities. International students are invited to participate not only in the programme activities but also in all joint meals in the evenings as well as on a weekend trip to Kaunas.
For registration you need:
- provide a short bio, indicating your field of study, semester and further information;
- a brief letter of motivation, indicating, among other things, which of the four working groups you are applying for.
The application deadline is May 15th. The selection of participants will take place no later than May 16th, all applicants are then notified immediately.
ABOUT STUDIENSTIFTUNG DES DEUTSCHEN VOLKES
The Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes awards scholarships to exceptionally gifted students and doctoral candidates from Germany or studying for degrees in accredited programmes and institutions of higher education in Germany. Currently, it supports about 12.900 students and 1.100 doctoral candidates, providing its scholarship funding as well as a broad range of educational programmes, such as summer schools, conferences for doctoral students, and seminars.