Exchange and free moving students should apply online. The application is open:
- From April 15 to June 1 for the Autumn semester or the Academic year
- From October 7 to November 15 for the spring semester
Note for exchange students: the online application form must be filled in after you have been selected by your home university for the exchange studies at Vilnius University. The Nomination Letter, i.e. confirmation of your selection, has to be sent by your home university coordinator to the International Office of Vilnius University by e-mail () before you apply or it has to be attached to the online application.
All exchange students can choose the courses from different faculties or related to their study program at their home university but the majority should be from the faculty the student was nominated to.
- Language certificate issued by the home institution proving at least B1 English language level. The following test scores indicating the level of English are also acceptable: IELTS 4.0 – 5.0; TOEFL iBT – 42-71; CEFR: minimum level B1.
- Transcript of Academic Records from home university for the last two semesters (for the 1st year Master or PhD students – a copy of Bachelor or Master diploma)
- Learning Agreement duly signed by home university and the student (compulsory for Erasmus+ exchange students, use the form required by your home university)
- Passport copy (or ID card copy – for EU citizens)
- Letter of nomination if it was not sent to the International Office of Vilnius University before your application
- Recommendation letter (for free moving students only)
Please note that we do not accept paper applications.
The feedback is sent to the student's e-mail address within 3 weeks after the application deadline.