SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
Vilnius University publishes a competition to doctoral dissertation themes in five research areas (see Dissertation themes) in accordance with Vilnius University Regulation for Doctoral Studies.
Applicants must have a Master’s qualification degree or a higher education degree equivalent to it.
The application with all required enclosures must be mailed via regular (air) mail or by an international courier service.
Applicants have to submit to the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies the following documents by the 20th of August unless stated otherwise:
1. an application addressed to the Rector;
2. a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
3. copies of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
4. Curriculum Vitae;
5. a completed questionnaire with a photo;
6. a short description of prospective research project;
7. a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
8. recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science (candidates to PhD studies in biochemistry have to submit one recommendation written by a supervisor of dissertation theme - see Dissertation themes);
9. 15 Eur instalment cheque.
All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. Doctoral committees can require to submit additional documents which are not provided for in Vilnius University regulations on doctoral studies.
Doctoral committees determine the requirements for research projects or an examination or conversation and publicize them on the websites of academic units. Research projects (if it is set as the method of admission) must be submitted to Doctoral committees. (They can set their chosen particular dates for the presentation of research projects.)
On the 25th-27th of August the applicants take an entrance examination or defend their research project or have a conversation under the Doctoral committee established procedure. The results are assessed by the 10-point scale.
Initiation grade is composed of the grade point average of Master’s diploma supplement and the assessment of conversation or entrance examination or research project.
About the results of the admission each participant is informed from the 2nd of September.
The agreements of doctoral studies are signed on the 3rd-8th of September at the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies (Vilnius University, University Street 3, room 109).
Doctoral studies begin on the 1st of October.
METHODS OF ADMISSION
Students admitted to state non-funded doctoral studies must pay the stated tuition fee per one academic year: for all fields of science (except Law) regular studies – 10646 Eur and extended studies – 7097 Eur, for Law regular studies – 5760 Eur and extended studies – 3840 Eur (information of payment).