APPLICATION DEADLINES AND CONTACTS
The closing date for application is the 20th of August. The application documents with all required enclosures must be submitted via regular (air) mail or by an international courier service to the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies (Universitety Street 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania; room 109).
The list of the documents:
- an application addressed to the Rector;
- a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
- a copy of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- a completed questionnaire with a photo;
- a short description of prospective research project;
- a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions;
- recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science;
- 15 Eur instalment cheque.
Note: An international applicant might be asked to submit additional documents. All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation.
LEGALIZATION OF EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
Applicants who received their education in the countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the home country of an applicant.
Applicants who received their education in the countries not acceded to the 1961 Hague Convention should get double legalization of their educational documents:
- The documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education in the applicant’s home country.
- The documents must be legalized either by the Lithuanian Diplomatic Mission or Consulate in the applicant’s home country or the country of permanent residence or the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.