The application with all required enclosures must be mailed via regular (air) mail or by an international courier service. E-mailed or faxed applications or enclosures will not be processed.
The documents to be submitted:
- an application addressed to the Rector;
- a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
- a copy of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- a completed questionnaire with a photo;
- a short description of prospective research project;
- a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions;
- recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science;
- a certificate of assessment of academic qualifications issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (if it is asked);
- 15 Eur instalment cheque.
Note: An international applicant might be asked to submit additional documents. All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation.
LEGALIZATION OF EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
Applicants who received their education in the countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the home country of an applicant.
Applicants who received their education in the countries not acceded to the 1961 Hague Convention should get double legalization of their educational documents:
- The documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education in the applicant’s home country.
- The documents must be legalized either by the Lithuanian Diplomatic Mission or Consulate in the applicant’s home country or the country of permanent residence or the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
RECOGNITION OF QUALIFICATIONS
According to the Lithuanian legislation all foreign applicants have to submit the proofs of their qualifications being recognized in Lithuania. The certificate of academic qualification have to be evaluated by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education.
For more information, please contact Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education:
A. Goštauto Street 12
Phone: +370521047 72
Please note: the evaluation and recognition of the qualification does not guarantee admission to Vilnius University. There are quotas for International applicants.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND CONTACTS
The closing date for application is the 25th of June (the deadline may be adjusted by each spring). The application documents have to be submitted to the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies (Universitety Street 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania; room 109).