Application Procedure

Application Deadlines and Contacts

The closing date for application is the 24th of June. The application documents with all required enclosures must be send by e-mail to the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies (Universitety Street 3, LT-01513 Vilnius, Lithuania; room 109). 

The list of the documents:

  • an application addressed to the Rector;
  • a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
  • a copy of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements (by the 10th of June);
  • Curriculum Vitae;
  • a completed questionnaire with a photo;
  • a short description of prospective research project (for more information please ask to a responsible person, see Admission);
  • a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
  • recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science (candidates to PhD studies in biochemistry have to submit one recommendation written by a supervisor of dissertation theme - see Dissertation themes);
  • 15 Eur instalment cheque.

Also, applicants might be asked to submit a copy of the certificate on the recognition of higher education qualifications obtained abroad. 

Other documents which, in the opinion of the applicant, are important, such as a certificate of completion of various courses or examinations passed at the doctoral level, are welcome too.

Note: An international applicant might be asked to submit additional documents. All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation.

Legalizations of Educational Documents

Applicants who received their education in the countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the home country of an applicant.

Applicants who received their education in the countries not acceded to the 1961 Hague Convention should get double legalization of their educational documents:

  1. The documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education in the applicant’s home country.
  2. The documents must be legalized either by the Lithuanian Diplomatic Mission or Consulate in the applicant’s home country or the country of permanent residence or the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.

More information on, or

Select your opinion.
reCAPTCHA must be passed!

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

More information Ok