All international students are supposed to have medical insurance valid in Lithuania for the study period.
Health insurance for EU citizens
Students from EU countries are not required to have any special health insurance. European insurance card or form E111 confirming that a student has EU health insurance, valid in Lithuania.
Health insurance for non-EU citizens
Students from non EU countries may obtain their health insurance either in their country or in Lithuania. It costs approximately 15 euro per month or more if you take it in Lithuania. Students from non EU countries applying for visa have to prove to the migration office that they have a valid health insurance. The following requirements for the insurance contract (policy) have to be fulfilled:
- The health insurance contract (policy) shall guarantee that all basic medical assistance costs and travel expenses which may arise in connection with the return, for health reasons, of an alien to homeland (medical transportation, including escort by medical brigade or a doctor) will be covered;
- Number of Health insurance contract (policy);
- Particulars of the insurance undertaking (name, address of registered office, telephone and fax numbers);
- Full name of insured person;
- The amount of health insurance contract (not less then 5800 euro);
- Duration of health insurance contract (at least till the end of study period);
- Territorial coverage of health insurance contract (policy);
- Non-insured events.