Baltic University Programme Secretariat
The BUP Mobility Research Grant Programme for young researchers
It is our pleasure to announce the Mobility Research Grant Programme 2017 within the Baltic University Programme. The main aim with the Mobility Grant is to develop and strengthen the co-operation among young researchers in the Baltic Sea Region. The grant is intended to support young scholars from BUP member universities who´s research promote sustainable development. The grant winner will be invited to present the research at a BUP conference, as an opportunity to disseminate results, ideas and create intra-network co-operation.
- The Mobility Grants Programme is open to PhD students and Post.doc scholars from all BUP member universities;
- The applicatins can be made for the mobility funding of new research projects (in whole or in part), or as a financial cntribution to ongoing ones - as far as the applicant stay at another university in the Baltic Sea Region during the Mobility Grant period. The idea is that the grant will cover travel and accommodation which will be handled by the BUP co-ordinating secretariat in Uppsala.
- Applicants representing any discipline are welcome to apply;
- The proped research project needs to be directly connected to the field of sustainable development and the Baltic Sea Region.
A limited number of contributions will be awarded to a maximum total value of 3000 Euros. Mobility Grant period should be ended no later than 31 of December 2018. Report from the Grant should be sent no later than 3 month after ended Mobility Grand period. The applications will be assessed by the Baltic University Scientific Committee according to the following criteria.
- Originality: The degree to which the proped project is pointing to new, original ideas in sustainability; grasping and developing the concept of sustainable development in unique and unexpected directions;
- A statement of your plan for co-operatin with the host university while staying there as a guest researcher, and if relevant, co-operation also with other partners in the Baltic Sea region;
- Althugh inter-disciplinarity is not a strict requirement, projects deemed to have a potential of crossing traditinal disciplinary boundaries, especially the division line between social and natural science and technology will attract special attention in the evaluatin;
- Project has focus on the Baltic Sea Region;
- The time period spend at the hosting university is minimum one month.
- An invitation letter from the hosting university is required.
The final deadline for applications is 31 of October 2017. The application form is available on the BUP website. Signed application form including all attachments is to be scanned and sent electronically to Magnus Lehman () at the BUP co-ord. secretariat no later than 31 of October 2017.