Social Insurance System

Social Insurance Fund in Lithuania: “Sodra

Following the Law on Social Services of the Republic of Lithuania a foreign citizen, holding a permanent or temporary residence permit is entitled to the same social services in the Republic of Lithuania as a Lithuanian citizen.

What social guaranties can I expect?

Who is eligible for the Compulsory health insurance?(Lt: “PSD”)

- Foreigners permanently residing in LT:
Non-EU: Permanent residence permit
EU: Certificate confirming the right of permanent residence in LT (issued for 10 years)
- Foreigners temporarily residing in LT if legally employed (+ their kids)
- Foreigners who have worked in LT for at least 6 months and have registered at the Employment Service

If you are working under a working contract you are covered by all the social insurance types:

- Sickness insurance
- Maternity insurance
- Unemployment insurance
- Occupational accident insurance
- Pension insurance
- Health insurance

What if I’m not covered by PSD?

- Get a private health insurance (BTA, Gjensidige, Seesam, Ergo, Lietuvos draudimas, IF). Full list:
- Pay each time you have to visit a doctor.

Source & updated information: “Sodra”

Select your opinion.
reCAPTCHA must be passed!

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.

More information Ok