- apply for visa or residence permit if you need one. Accompanying family members should apply at the same time, even if they arrive in Vilnius later.
- make sure that you have satisfactory accommodation arrangements
- take care of a relevant medical insurance (valid in EU/Lithuania)
- plan on family matters: school and day care
- apply for National visa (D) or resident permit according your nationality/period of stay.
- register your place of residence: EU-citizens long term stay (if stay longer than 3 months) or Non-EU citizens long term stay (if you apply for Temporary Resident Permit)
- get your employment contract or enroll as a Post-Doctoral Candidate if applicable
- get acquainted with the tax system
- open a bank account
Upon arrival at VU:
- make sure that you have signed your work/stay agreement
- got your employee card
- activate your IT user account at VU (moodle, eduroam, other VU e-services)