|Qualification awarded||Master in Business Management|
|Field of study||Management|
|Faculty||Vilnius University Business School|
|Study area||Business and Public Management|
|Length of the programme (years)||1.5 years (3 semesters)|
|Scope of programme (ECTS)||90 ECTS|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Starting date||1st of September|
|Tuition fee||4850* EUR/per year|
|Click here to apply|
* 20% discount for Vilnius University alumni
WHY INTERNATIONAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT STUDY PROGRAMME AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
It is a unique international modular programme for working students. The aim is to prepare highly skilled Project Management professionals who will be able not only to create harmony in chaos, but also be a true leaders of teams in projects, programmes and portfolios in business and in private sector.
Programme has been designed in close cooperation with Lithuanian Project Management association. Project managers from business companies are taking active part in the programme. Also should be mention, that logics of the programme is based on International Competence Baseline of IPMA (International Project management association www.IPMA.Ch). Graduates of International Project management could apply for International certification IPMA D Level. IPMA certificates are widely recognised in Project management global society.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMESKEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Project management from A to Z. You will manage to setup a project organizational structure, prepare a Business Case, work with Project Board/Steering Committee.
- Leading working teams. You will be able to form, manage and lead project teams, take responsibility for their work quality and that of their subordinates as well as its evaluation.
- Analytical skills. You will be able to analyse and critically evaluate a range of information related to your occupational field.
- Communication skills. You will manage to communicate efficiently in team, with colleagues of varying job position levels, business partners and customers.
- Decision-making. You will manage to efficiently analyse complex situations and make well-grounded decisions.
- Representation. You will be able to represent the team and the organization.
- Ethics. You will be able to apply ethical principles of business ethics in your performance.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Business and Administration or Economics.
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme or use VU’s Bilateral cooperation agreements which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner Universities or do internship abroad.
Progamme’s aim is to prepare Project Management professionals who can efficiently lead projects, programmes and portfolios in a challenging international environment both in private and in public sectors. The graduates shall be able to initiate and lead project, programme and portfolio maturity improvement initiatives in their organizations.
Ekaterine Azarashvili, 2nd year student from Georgia:
“One year ago while considering master studies in European Universities, my attention was stolen by a brand new master programme in International Project Management at VU BS. After a small research, I discovered that Lithuania has already accumulated huge experience in project management and continues to develop it.
Stephan Wagner, 2nd year student from Germany:
“I chose to study at BS because I was looking for an innovative and highly demanded master program in a multicultural environment. The International Project Management degree course has met my expectations. Learning methodologies and strategies about process optimization for businesses or organizations or tools to successfully manage, coordinate and plan a project are just a few major academic assets which I will take with me upon graduation.
Lectures are explicitly motivated to have a vivid classroom interaction with a diverse group of international students from all over the world. During my wide spectrum of courses I had to chance to grow academically as well as to enlarge my cultural and personal horizon. BS at VU and the master program itself is well organized and everyone strives to achieve highest quality. Lithuania and Vilnius are one of the most welcoming places in Europe. Western values meet Baltic culture and make Lithuania a charming and unique country in Eastern Europe. Vilnius has an amazing Old Town with all kinds of entertainment possibilities – museums, hip restaurants, full bars and trendy clubs. I am very pleased to have taken up my post-graduate studies in a fast-developing and beautiful European country such as Lithuania.”