|Qualification awarded||Medical Doctor, Master in Health Sciences|
|Field of study||Medicine|
|Faculty||Faculty of Medicine|
|Study area||Health Sciences|
|Length of the programme (years)||6 years|
|Scope of programme (ECTS)||360 ECTS|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Starting date||1st September|
11 000 EUR/per year
|Click here to apply|
WHY STUDY MEDICINE AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
- To ensure the quality of studies students primarily are taught in small groups (10-12 students per group). However, depending on the type of a class groups might be joined together for bigger auditorium.
- The programme incorporates the classical teaching model in order to develop a firm foundation in basic science before entering the clinical field.
- A unique opportunity to practice in one of the six largest Lithuanian hospitals and benefit from early interaction with patients through visits to general practices.
- Integrated internship
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Applicants are required to take one of the following tests:
- SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M MIN score: 600. SAT exam is taken at home country or any other country where test is offered. For further information: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests/subjects/science/biology-em
- MCAT Test MIN score: 500. MCAT exam is taken at home country or any other country where test is offered. For further information: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/
Applicants who have a degree (or have studied) in Biomedical Sciences can apply without taking SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test. In such case please submit the diploma and the transcripts when applying.
SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test is required even for those applicants whose countries of residency do not offer the tests.
SAT Subject Test in Biology and MCAT scores are valid for two years.
- Completion of either a biology, physics, mathematics or chemistry course at the secondary education level is an advantage.
- English language proficiency. TOEFL score: 65+ (internet-based) or IELTS score: 5.5+.
Students whose first language is English and/or who has a university degree in English, and/or who are taking SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test are not required to submit any additional proof of proficiency in English.
- Only the selected candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please note: Internship is integrated into the curriculum of Medicine study programme and is an obligatory step of the programme, however, students are free to choose where to complete the internship – in Lithuania or other country. Those who are willing to do their internships in Lithuania are required to have at least B1 level in Lithuanian Language. B1 level in Lithuanian Language is also required when applying for license of health care professionals. Lithuanian Language course is an optional course in Medicine/Dentistry study programme and is available for all who are willing to choose it.
FOR TRANSFERING STUDENTS
Prof. Vaiva Hendrixson
Vice-Dean for International Relations and Programmes
+370 5 2398786