- Unit: Faculty of Physics
- Keywords: Precision three-coordinate positioning system, galvanometric beam control system, Aerotech, Scanlab, hurrySCAN, numerical modelling, laser formation, artificial three-dimensional frame laser formation, laser formation of nanophotonic elements
- Responsible person: Dr. Mangirdas Malinauskas
Device is suitabe for laser nanophotonics research.
1. Numerical modeling, laser formation, geometry and optical properties (focus, collimation, phase modulation) description of multifunctional (refractive / diffractive) and integrated (on the optical fiber tip) micro – optical elements (10 – 100 μm).
2. Artificial three-dimensional frame laser formation for cell biology and tissue engineering applications. Biologically inert and degrading polymers can be used, and carcasses can be produced of several different materials. The pore size and filling factor can be varied from 1 to 100 μm and 20-80%, respectively.
3. Laser formation of nanophotonic elements in polymers and transparent material. The laser can also form two-dimensional and three-dimensional fixed and gradually variable period photonic crystals. Their period can be from 0.5 to 10 μm. Numerical modeling of these items and characterization of their light control properties.
Technical parameters of positioning system:
1) X and Y axes ALS130-100 (Aerotech): maximum motion is 100 mm; maximum speed - 300 mm/s, maximum horizontal load 8 kg, accuracy 250 μm.
2) Z axis ALS130-50 (Aerotech): maximum motion is 50 mm, maximum speed - 200 mm/s, maximum vertical load 5 kg, accuracy 300 nm.
The system is assembled on a granitic plate. There is motion synchronization with laser pulses and galvanometric scanners.
Parameters of the control system for Galvo mirrors hurrySCAN II 10 (Scanlab): suitable for the 400-1100 nm spectral range, positioning speed is 10 m/s, marking speed – 2.5 m/s.