- Keywords: Financial accounting, management accounting, public sector accounting, information disclosure, financial statements, risk management, tax burden, internal control, financial institutions, commercial bank, intellectual capital
The research group is focused on financial accountability, financial accounting theories and quality, the state and measurement of finance system and internal control in organizations, risk management in banks and etc.
Research group activities
The research group is interested in a few important accounting and finance fields: financial accountability of business companies and public sector organizations, financial accounting theories, accounting quality, disclosure of information in financial statements, measurement and disclosure of intellectual capital, the state and measurement of finance system and internal control in organizations, risk management in central bank and commercial banks, investment portfolio management in banks, risk management and assets optimization in commercial banks.
The group consults on practical accounting and finance: financial accounting in business and public sector organizations, accounting quality, portfolio management, risk management, internal control, management accounting. Some of research is dedicated to introduce central bank foreign exchange reserves management model; to develop the model of tax burden in households; to develop assets optimization model for domestic capital credit institutions.
Moreover, we organise lectures and seminars for business organizations on accounting and finance.
Meet our team
Prof. Dr. Kristina Rudžionienė
Prof. Dr. Rasa Kanapickienė
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Rūta Klimaitienė
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gailutė Gipienė
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eduardas Freitakas
Dr. Agnė Ramanauskaitė
Assist. Prof. Dr. Mantas Valukonis
Members of the research group are experienced in accounting and finance studies:
- Prof. Dr. K. Rudžionienė has more than 20 years of experience in business organizations, teaching of accounting in universities and college. Scientific interests: financial accounting, financial accounting theories, disclosure of accounting information.
- Prof. Dr. R. Kanapickienė has more than 20 years of experience in scientific field and business organizations, teaching of accounting and finance in universities. Scientific interests: public sector accounting, internal control, disclosure of accounting information.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. R. Klimaitienė has more than 10 years of experience in writing textbooks in accounting. She conducts a research on management accounting. Scientific interests: management accounting.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. G. Gipienė has more than 30 years of experience in teaching of accounting and scientific work in this field. Scientific interests: financial accounting, taxes, tax burden, management of accounting in company.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. E. Freitakas has a more than 30 years of experience in teaching and scientific work in finance, more than 10 years of practical work in bank. Scientific interests: finance markets, securities, risk management, international finance.
- Dr. A. Ramanauskaitė has a more than 10 years of experience in business organization as an auditor. Scientific interests: measurement, accounting and disclosure of intellectual capital, theoretical and practical aspects of taxation, theory and practice of auditing.
- Assist. Prof. Dr. M. Valukonis has practical experience in risk management of bank. Scientific interests: central bank foreign exchange reserves management, creating of securities’ portfolio and its risk management.
- PhD student L. Matusevičienė has a practical work experience in the business company as an accountant. Scientific interests: financial accounting, finances, tax policy.
- PhD student M. Vijūnas has a practical work experience in risk management in commercial bank. Scientific interests: risk management, optimization of assets in bank.
Prof. Dr. Kristina Rudžionienė
Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University
Phone: +370 37 422 344
More about the faculty: http://www.knf.vu.lt/en
Department for Research and Innovation
Phone: +370 5 268 7006
More information: https://www.vu.lt/verslui/
Flyer for printing: Accounting_and_finance_problems_and_improving_current_practise.pdf