We invite talented and motivated researchers to enrol in Postdoc Fellowships at Vilnius University.
The goal of Postdoc Fellowships is to promote innovative research, to provide young researchers with the opportunity to develop their own academic career and to become a part of Vilnius University academic community.
Vilnius University provides opportunities for Ph.D. graduates from other institutions to engage in the university-based research, to acquire new research skills and scientific knowledge under the direction of supervisor, to take advantage of research infrastructure at the university. Usually the Postdoc fellowship lasts up to two years. The research is possible across different scientific fields and disciplines.
The Postdoc researchers at Vilnius University can be funded via several financial means:
- Marie Skłodowska–Curie Actions (Individual Fellowships, COFUND schemes - http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/);
- Research Council of Lithuania (http://www.lmt.lt/en/rnd/fellowships.html);
- Vilnius University fund for Post-doc Fellowships;
- Other national and international programs.
Vilnius University invited researchers for a postdoctoral fellowship for up to two year’s duration in the fields of psychology, political sciences, marketing, biology, biochemistry and informatics in the following topics:
- Positive mental health and stress in young adulthood;
- Exercising leadership trough implementation of public policy reforms;
- The use of marketing analytics in consumer behaviour research in the context of General Data Protection Regulation;
- Protein three-dimensional structure prediction and assessment;
- SinGly: Glycobiology of synaptic pruning in developing brain;
- Applying solutions from cognitive psychology to multidimensional data visualisation.
44 applications were submitted.
Six candidates for post-doctoral fellowships at Vilnius University were approved by the Postdoctoral Commission at the meeting on May 8, 2019.
Evaluation and selection of applications
The selection of postdoctoral research fellows is carried out in accordance with the Postdoctoral fellowship procedure of Vilnius University (hereinafter - Procedure) approved by Rector's Order 01/10/2018 No. R-525.