|Qualification awarded||Master in Social Sciences|
|Field of study||Economics|
|Faculty||Faculty of Economics and Business Administraton|
|Study area||Social Sciences|
|Length of the programme (years)||1.5 years (3 semesters)
or 2 years (4 semesters) – in case of a double degree
|Scope of programme (ECTS)||90 or 120 ECTS (in case of a double degree)|
|Language of instruction||English|
Siena, Italy (in case of a double degree)
|Starting date||1st of September|
Tuition fee for EU and Non-EU students
|Click here to apply|
WHY FINANCE AND BANKING STUDY PROGRAMME AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
- This programme is among the most popular Master programmes among the applicants.
- The graduates of the programme are prepared as highly qualified finance specialists who are able to perform analytical and managerial work in financial institutions and financial units of other organizations.
- The programme brings theory into practice and helps successfully prepare to receive the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation.
- Has a possibility of a double degree from the University of Siena.
The principal objectives of the programme are as follows:
- Critically evaluate economic and financial theories and research methods, to provide sufficient knowledgeneeded for analysis of financial problems at a macroeconomic level and to make based decisions at thehighest financial management level;
- Introduce to the role, development, aims and objectives of international financial institutions and financialmarkets in global;
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge needed for improvement of budgetary system and taxationpolicy in the face of national and global economic changes;
- Provide scientific and methodical knowledge needed for independent organization’s financial analysis andfinancial risks’ assessment and management, while taking into account macro and micro environmentalchanges.
- Introduce to the main topics of CFA Institute material and to prepare students for CFA exams.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent;
- No less than 20 ECTS credits in the fields of economics, management and business administration or othersocial sciences or the acquired analogous practical experience is substantiated in motivation letter andduring the interview;
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme or use VU’s Bilateral cooperation agreements which give an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner Universities or do internship abroad.
The world's largest financial institutions, such as Western Union, AIG, the NASDAQ and many others one after another open their offices in Lithuania. Finance and Banking program graduates after successful completion of their studies in English have a competitive advantage in developing their careers as analyst and executive at the ministry of finance and other governmental institutions, tax and finance specialist at enterprises, organisations, finance and public institutions etc.
Prof. dr. Arvydas Paskevičius, programme leader has not only academic but also practical experience working in financial institutions. His favoured quote is “The first rule in making money is not to lose it.” (Steven J. Lee)
Ganna Shcherbina, student from Ukraine:
“Why Vilnius University? I can tell just one thing. When I visited Lithuania first time and saw Vilnius University, it took my breath away and my first thought was I WANT TO STUDY HERE! It is, on the one hand, one of the oldest universities not only in Lithuania, but in the world, and on the other hand, it is one of the most modern universities, with great facilities, gorgeous library, actual study programs and hearty welcome of all students from every corner of the world. Also, Vilnius University is located in the beautiful city – Vilnius, so you will never get bored.
Getting Master’s degree in Finance and Banking in Vilnius University: I really like to study here. The lecturers are passionate, have considerable knowledge and experience, apply newest and actual learning methods, so, you are swept in studying process all time. As well, if you like good, professional English – you are welcome, all lecturers speak English fluently. But, you should study hard, because large amount of studying materials you will face on a daily basis.
Finance program in Vilnius University is strong, both theoretical and practical study program, which includes actual knowledge base, practical skills, international experience and practice. I would like to recommend it, because it is the place where you are always valued and respected, the place for people with goals, wishes and ambitions. Here I have learned how to achieve my career goals and completion of the program will put you in a position to be prepared for the future. This year and half of my masters have been slipped away really fast and I will miss all people and this place!”