Users are able to return or borrow books by themselves without requesting them in advance.
Books can be returned only at the same place where they were borrowed. Books can be returned using self-service or in designated places.
Please note that from 1 September, according to the resolutions adopted by Vilnius University and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, the complete services of VU Library will only be provided to people that present a valid COVID digital certificate upon entry. Users without a National Certificate (or equivalent) can only return books or take books ordered previously. Please address in regard to book orders. More on the National Certificate can be found here.
Please also mind the fact that in the library everyone needs to wear protective face masks.
For all issues related to clearance procedure, please approach your subject librarian.
We kindly remind you that:
- You are welcome to use VU Library’s Digital Collections.
- If you are a member of VU community and a document or its part is necessary for your research, you can contact the Library’s Rare Books Reading Room (via e-mail ) or Manuscripts Reading Room (via e-mail ) about the possibility of digitising it.
Please take notice of the following when visiting the Library:
- When coming to take or return books, please observe no less than a two-metre distance between yourself and other users of the Library.
- It is obligatory to wear face masks in the premises of the Library the entire time.
- Next to book borrowing places you will find a disinfection stand. We kindly ask to disinfect hands when you enter the Library.
- Please observe coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Users experiencing the symptoms of the upper respiratory tract infections (fever, cough, difficulty breathing and others) are not allowed in the Library.