Given the current epidemiological situation in the country, uncertainty and resulting anxiety, as well as to prevent the spread of the coronavirus infection at our University, Senate decided that all study activities at Vilnius University are to be carried out remotely until the end of the autumn semester.
The study activities in the upcoming spring semester are to be conducted remotely or in a mixed manner. In this case, the specific forms and exceptions are decided upon by the heads of each core academic unit, taking into account the recommendations of the coronavirus prevention task force at Vilnius University and the specifics of study activities but ensuring the safety of the University community members.
By the decision of a core academic unit, the following activities may be carried out face-to-face, within the limits set by the task force:
- laboratory and other practical work, the remote performance of which is difficult or impossible;
- activities necessary for the preparation of students’ final theses;
- assessment activities, the remote implementation of which is impossible or difficult;
- activities concerning the defence of students’ final theses and conducting final examinations;
- residency study activities;
- activities concerned with a part (internship) of study programmes in health sciences;
- other study activities, the remote completion of which is difficult or impossible.