|Qualification awarded||Master in Information Systems|
|Field of study||Information Systems|
|Study area||Information Sciences|
|Length of the programme (years)||1,5 years (3 semesters)|
|Scope of programme (ECTS)||90 ECTS|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Starting date||1 September|
Tuition fee for EU students
for Non-EU students
3600 EUR/per year
|Click here to apply|
* TBA - to be announced
WHY FINTECH STUDY PROGRAMME AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
The objective of the study programme Financial Technology is to prepare senior and chief specialists in the industry of modern financial technologies who are able to apply the knowledge of financial instruments, advanced information and communication technologies as well as modern research achievements by realising the theoretical and practical activity models in both classical and innovative, centralised and decentralised e-markets, banking, investment insurance sectors and organisations operating in state and private sectors.
DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF THE STUDY PROGRAMME
- Interdisciplinarity: Financial Technologies (FinTech) Master’s study programme combines subjects in the field of Information Systems and Finance.
- Qualified finance professionals filling out a new niche in the development of FinTech and Blockchain technology solutions for business and labour market, resulting from a combination of the classical area of financial engineering and innovative area of financial technology.
- FinTech programme follows the best practices of initiatives of such leading universities as Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Stanford University; Princeton University, etc.
- Lecturers of the study programme are long-term academic and business practitioners working in the field of innovative solutions, implementation and administration of financial technology development for 5–10 years.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Individuals who have completed university studies in economics, finance, computer science, business administration and management, electrical engineering, mathematics and other fields are admitted to the study programme; applicants must have basic knowledge in information technologies and finance, to be specified in the motivation letter.
- English language proficiency — the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner University for 1 or 2 semesters or do internship abroad.
Graduates of the programme Financial Technology (FinTech) may work as managers and consultants in financial intermediaries and financial services companies; introduce technological innovations of the financial sector in branches of banks, insurance companies, business enterprises; work as managers of software engineers, business and IT analysts. Graduates will be able to work as blockchain programmers, company executives, crypto investment portfolio managers, large-scale data analysts, and project managers in the business of FinTech applied solutions. Moreover, graduates will be able to set up FinTech Startups using their skills to creatively apply financial technology innovations, adapt the acquired analytical and research skills, develop financial technology business policies and strategies, develop the ecosystems of new financial services, advanced financial instruments, business models, communicate with the public and lead a team, creatively apply API technologies and principal solutions of the activities of decentralised and centralised transaction storage systems, blockchain technologies, crowdfunding, HUB, outsourcing.
A completed Master’s programme opens up wide opportunities to continue research in the PhD level study programmes.
Assoc. Prof Dr Saulius Masteika