Working in Lithuania

Degree students are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week, in accordance with the Lithuanian legislation.

> For citizens from the EU/EEA:

If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you have a right to work in Lithuania. The citizens of EU states and the members of their families, who move to Lithuania for more than three months, are issued the certificate of a set form by the Minister of the Interior every six months that gives their right to live in the country. The same regulations are applied to citizens of the countries of the European Free Trade Association. The family members of citizens of the EU who are not citizens of the EU are issued EU residence permits.

> For citizens from non-EU/EEA countries: 

If you are a non-EU citizen who has a temporary residence permit or National visa (visa D) can work 20 hours per week during the semester and full-time during the summer holidays. During their studies, non-EU citizens, who have been issued a residence permit or National visa (visa D) on the basis of studies are exempted from the obligation to obtain a work permit.

> Job search:

We recommend that you should look for a job on the Internet, take part at the Vilnius University “Karjeros dienos” (Career Days) events or contact the organizations that you would like to work at.

These are the websites where you could find some relevant job offers:,,, etc.

! Need help with finding your career path/getting an internship? The counsellors at the Carrer Centre of the Student Affairs and Career Office at Vilnius University may help you! More information

Select your opinion.
reCAPTCHA must be passed!
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies. More information Ok