Doctoral (PhD) studies are third-level studies and doctoral (PhD) students are postgraduate students and researchers. The purpose of doctoral studies is to train scientists capable of performing independent scientific research and experimental development as well as able to solve scientific problems.
Doctoral studies are very popular at Vilnius University. Each year competition for admission to doctoral studies is organized. Doctoral studies at the university are orientated towards the quality of study, flexible study process scheduling and establishing the suitable academic environment. Each year experimental basis is renewed in all university’s academic institutions thus providing doctoral students with better conditions to carry out scientific research. Doctoral students also enhance their knowledge in various workshops, by participating in international events, academic projects and performing educational work.
PhD studies in 29 fields of science.
Doctoral studies at Vilnius University are organized according to the approved Regulation of doctoral studies in the following scientific areas:
- Request for the transfer of scholarship to a bank account
- Request for an academic trip
- Request to change the order
- Request for surname change
- Application for academic leave
- Request for return from academic leave
- Request for the termination of doctoral studies
MIGHT BE USEFUL
- Short information for new doctoral students
- Chairmen of the Committees for Doctoral Studies
- Short description for doctoral students on trip